The best alternatives to Facebook Analytics
The time has come. It may be a tough pill to swallow, but it’s the end of the road for Facebook Analytics. Let that sink in for a minute… Palms starting to sweat yet? Don’t worry, there’s no need.
Thankfully, there are several alternatives out there that will more than do the job. To save you the hassle, I’ve gathered some excellent options to use in place of Facebook Analytics after June 30, 2021.
How does Facebook Analytics help you drive revenue?
So, what’s the big deal? Why is Facebook Analytics such a crucial part of so many brands’ game plan?
Facebook getting rid of analytics is actually kinda crazy. I'm very excited to see what marketers do without access to feedback. 🤓— Nate Battistone (@natebattistone) April 16, 2021
Put simply, Facebook Analytics aligns a company’s Facebook page with data coming from the Facebook pixel to show the full conversion path between what happens on Facebook (or Instagram) and a purchase on a client’s website. This gives your business a whole bunch of super valuable metrics so you can:
- Transform your social media efforts into actionable goals
- Keep a tab on how and when consumers interact with your Facebook content
- Track and measure the impact of your campaigns
- Refine strategy and boost your ROI
Sounds like pretty valuable stuff, right? These insights aren’t something you want to miss out on, so it’s a good thing we have some handy-dandy Facebook Analytics alternatives raring to go!
Facebook Business Tools
Whew. Luckily, Facebook isn’t leaving us high and dry. The social network recommends three business tools to help you wrap your head around advertising, presences, and activities on your brand’s Facebook and Instagram pages. Let’s dive in!
Straight from the horse’s mouth, as they say.
Facebook Business Suite is an intuitive control hub that enables you to manage all your connected accounts in one place. You can reach a larger number of people and stay updated thanks to detailed insights about your audience, content, and trends. This free tool makes managing your business presence a walk in the park.
Think of it as a virtual control tower for Facebook insights, complete with a 360° view.
Relatively straightforward, Ads Manager allows you to manage all your Facebook ads in one place.
- Create ad campaigns and design ads in a step-by-step process
- Track, monitor, and edit multiple ads at once
- View results for all your Facebook ads and create customizable reports
This intuitive, all-in-one solution enables you to optimize reach and engagement. Pretty convenient, wouldn’t you agree?
Events Manager helps you set up and manage useful business tools like the Facebook pixel and the Conversions API. It also offers reporting on the actions taken on your website and app.
There’s honestly quite a lot you can do within the platform, so don’t worry if you feel a bit like Alice falling down the rabbit hole when you’re first getting started.
- Overview: See your graph’s time frame, a breakdown of metrics, and the total number of events fired on your website
- Test Events: Ensure you’ve correctly set up your browser and debug events in case of unusual activity
- Diagnostics: Find and resolve issues, and get recs on how to improve
- History: Check when changes were made and who made them
- Settings: View the nitty-gritty details of your Facebook pixel
If you’re still a bit lost, check out these detailed step-by-step instructions to getting the hang of Facebook Events Manager.
You might be thinking: okay, so the only alternatives to Facebook Analytics are… other Facebook tools?
Nope! There are a whole host of incredibly useful solutions that are fantastic replacements for Facebook Analytics. Check out my nifty list for the best Facebook Analytics tools out there. I guarantee you’ll find something that fits your needs.
Of course, my list of recommendations wouldn’t be complete without Talkwalker. Our AI-powered conversational intelligence platform helps you better understand what customers feel, say, and do. We go beyond social listening, providing you with crucial analytics to drive revenue, increase retention, and reduce costs.
And the most important part is, we cover all the juicy insights you’d get with Facebook Analytics.
Let’s get a bit more specific about just what you get with Talkwalker.
Talkwalker’s Paid Social allows you to track, analyze, and measure all your paid media campaigns across multiple channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and of course, Facebook! Manage your content performance in one single place, streamlining your workflow.
- Use a unified dashboard to monitor campaigns in real time across paid, owned, and earned channels
- Save time with faster, automated reporting with all your data in one place
- Protect your brand with AI-powered sentiment analysis and alerts
Don’t just take my word for it, see how you can measure the real ROI of social media with a free trial. React quickly to potentially harmful situations and protect your brand.
A powerful social media search engine, Quick Search is a must-have in your Facebook marketing arsenal. Armed with valuable insights and key metrics, you’ll know exactly what types of posts will attract more buzz on your Facebook page.
Keep tabs on the top themes in your industry.
Features to try out:
- Quick brand overview: Check the KPIs that matter, such as engagement, volume, sentiment, demographics, and geographies
- Discover real-time trends: Identify emerging trends to enhance your campaign results
- Ready-to-use content: Create viral Facebook content that resonates with your target audience
- Apply a specific date range, check out demographics like age and gender, and, oh yes, you can even dive into competitor analysis
Automated reporting functions enable you to share important social intelligence with your teammates in seconds. No more last-minute scrambling to manually prepare and format social KPI reports, because guess what? Talkwalker has customizable, multi-format reporting tools. Pretty rad, I know.
What else you can do:
- Add some pizzazz to your reports by including video and images
- Demonstrate the value of Facebook marketing campaigns with multiple data sets
- Raise awareness with easy-to-understand reports specific to your team’s needs
Do you recognize the importance of connecting with your Facebook audience? When you’re considering marketing strategies for Facebook, it’s crucial to put in the time. Do your homework.
To activate the voice of the consumer, you’ll need to get in your audience’s head. Their expectations and preferences. Their likes and dislikes. Why they prefer a certain brand of coffee, why they only cook with olive oil from Italy, and why they’re obstinate that the Queen of Hearts is actually just a misunderstood monarch.
Check out our free social media monitoring tools to convert real-time customer conversation into your next Facebook campaign. Perfect for tracking campaigns and hashtags for Instagram. For an extra edge, head over and take a gander at our 15 hashtag tracking tools.
So to wrap up, losing Facebook Analytics isn’t the end of the world. There are plenty of available options, and in the end, it’s how you act that matters most. Let us know below what you think about Facebook’s announcement and don’t forget to check our comprehensive list of the best Facebook analytics tools!