Talkwalker Basic Limitations
Previous Versions (Prior to November 15, 2018)
In order to provide a proper service, we rely on and you agree to a correct usage of the service. In this sense:
- You are not allowed to copy or try to copy our intellectual property or tamper with our code. In this sense you may not make any permanent copy of, or make derivative works incorporating any of the elements of, or reverse-engineer or decompile or try to access and/or modify in any way the source codes of any software made available by and/or protected by Trendiction’s and affiliates’ intellectual property rights.
- You cannot access and use the services in order to build and/or make available in any way any similar or competitive services. Not only from a technical point of view, but also you are not allowed to give access to the services (including giving access to its Account or to Query Results) to any other third party unless they are considered a Business Counterpart in accordance with our Terms of Service available at https://www.talkwalker.com/terms-of-service.
- You cannot violate any law applicable to you. We cannot foresee all possible uses of the service. It is therefore in your sole responsibility to make sure that your use of the service is in accordance with any applicable legislation. In particular:
- You cannot use the service to violate intellectual property laws or any third party right. The service is provided from different sources available in the internet, in accordance with international legislations and with internet standards, but does not provide you with any right over that third party content. It is up to you to determine whether You are entitled to a particular result given the applicable legislation
- The tool is not intended to be used in any unethical manner. In particular, You cannot display, distribute or otherwise make available the Talkwalker tool content to any person or entity that You may reasonably believe will use such data to violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights or to allow and/or assist any government entity, law enforcement, or other organizations to conduct surveillance of individuals. In particular, when relating to Twitter data content, Twitter’s Guidelines for Law Enforcement located at https://t.co/le shall find full application together with the section “VII. Other Important Terms” of the Developer Agreement referred to by the Twitter Terms of Service (located at http://twitter.com/tos) which provides: “A. User Protection. You will not knowingly: 1) display, distribute, or otherwise make available Content to any entity to investigate, track or surveil Twitter’s users or their content, or to obtain information on Twitter users or their Content, in a manner that would require a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process or that would otherwise have the potential to be inconsistent with our users’ reasonable expectations of privacy;[…]”.
- Content from third-party platforms cannot be publicly displayed. If you want to display such content you need to reach a specific agreement with Talkwalker and always respect any third-party platform right.
- You cannot use the service to obtain unauthorized content. You may not use the services for any illegal or unauthorized purposes, such as downloading and/or reproducing data, information or content without the necessary prior authorizations to do so
- The license is given to You and to no one else. You cannot license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, create derivative works of, or commercially exploit or make available the service to a third party, unless they are Business Counterparts as defined in our Terms of Services.
- You can only use the service for your own professional purposes. You can only use all or any part of the services in any form or media or by any means inside your own organization. If you want to reproduce the Query Results publicly You will need to seek Talkwalker prior approval and sign a formal and specific agreement.
- You cannot use the service to communicate any material which is obscene or illegal.
- You shall use the service in accordance with fair usage and standard market practices. You acknowledge that the service is provided on a “fair use” basis. As such, the service may be subject to limitations, including technical or functional limitations, the object of which could for example be an unusually large number of search terms within a given search query, search queries, monitored content, requests for newsletters, alerts, etc., if You do not comply with reasonable industry standards while using the service. You cannot use the service in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume, constitutes excessive or abusive use, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the User Manual or this set of rules.
- You cannot use the service for anything other than its intended purposes. You cannot use the service to create, download, copy, store, use, publish, reproduce or disseminate infringing or otherwise unlawful data, information or content or data, information or content that violate any third party’s rights such as privacy or intellectual property rights.
- You have to respect the integrity of the Service. You cannot engage in any activity that: (a) interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper functioning, or disrupts, diminishes the quality, of the service, (b) circumvents, disables, or otherwise interferes with security-related features of the service or features that enforce limitations on use of the service.
In case of breach with one or several above mentioned conditions we may be free to terminate the Service subject to or without prior notice.