9 best video analytics tools
The Internet is gridlocked with visual traffic! Great for brands - boosting brand awareness and trust. Downside? Protecting their trademark, their customers, their brand’s reputation. Globally, videos will make up 80% of all online traffic by 2021. Spitting distance, guys! You ready? Do you have the best video analytics tools for the job? It’s okay. I’ve got your back.
Because I love you, I’m throwing in a free video content marketing strategy template. Download above.
Brands are already swamped with a heap of social data. With this deluge of visual traffic, the opportunities have never been so good.
Table of contents
- Why you need to use video analytics
- What is video marketing?
- What is video analytics?
- Talkwalker video recognition
- Video analytics tools
Digital marketers have jumped all over video marketing. It drives more engagement. It’s memorable. It’s hugely popular with consumers. Remember, 80% of online traffic will be video by 2021! Check the stats, if you don’t believe me…
- 83% of digital marketers using video think it gives them a good ROI. 91% say it’s a key part of their strategy
- They get 66% more qualified leads per year
- They achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness
- 90% of consumers state that watching a video helps them decide on a purchase
One more stat that I will be exploiting to the full...
- Using the word video in your email subject line increases open rates by 19%
Impressed? Tempted to give it a try?
Don’t blame you.
Hungry for more?
Use a video on one of your landing pages and you’ll increase conversion by 80%.
Oops, another stat. Couldn’t resist. Yes, you heard me right. A WHOPPING 80%!
But, it’s not just marketing teams jumping on this trend. Support teams are helping customers with how to videos. HR teams are sharing meet the team and onboarding videos. Sales teams are using customer testimonial videos to convert prospects. Along with other areas, such as security, medical, and retail.
Back in 2016, Facebook’s VP of EU & MEA, said that in five years, Facebook would probably be all video. “It’s the best way to tell stories in this world” and “helps us digest much more information.”
Look out YouTube, there’s something on your tail.
As a marketer, I’m interested in what video analytics can do for me. For my brand. So, apologies, I may lean towards video marketing and what I can get out of using video analytics tools. But, there’ll be plenty of other areas covered, and the tools I’m going to share can be used across the board.
The relevance of video marketing has increased with the growing popularity of social media. Video content has to be at the heart of your social strategy. Or, your brand will be left behind.
Viral hit from Dollar Shave Club. Warning, this video contains an expletive.
With a limited budget and an F-bomb-dropping CEO, the Dollar Shave Club struck gold with its YouTube ad. Relying on people talking about the ad to spread the word, it quickly went viral. Success was proven when the company was sold to Unilever for $1 billion, four years after the ad went live.
Okay, you’ve jumped onboard. Banging out videos. Are they working? Bringing engagement? Conversions? Brand awareness? You do realize that you’ll be asked to justify the cost, the time. To prove the ROI. You need that data at your fingertips. For this, you need video analytics tools.
Thank goodness I’m here to help.
In this post, I’m going to talk about why you should use video marketing, and the importance of pulling out the related analytics. For this, I’ll list some awesome video analytics tools. Tools your brand can’t survive without. They cross industries, providing various features and capabilities.
Talkwalker’s video recognition takes center stage. Not because I’m paid to say it’s good. Not because I’m biased. But because it’s unique. It has no competition. No one else is there yet. It’s a sight to be seen.
"Talkwalker’s new video recognition feature is a true game changer. As the industry is moving towards visual content creation, it’s important for us to have the tools to be able to analyze and report the data effectively. This new tool presents more opportunities to analyze the real KPIs for video assets on social. In my opinion, Talkwalker has again raised the bar for what social listening tools are doing!"
Karen Freberg Ph.D | KarenFreberg.com
Don’t forget to pick up your free video content marketing strategy template. It’ll make the process easier for you and your team.
Video marketing can be used for everything from increasing engagement to promoting your brand. 83% of marketers say video brings them good ROI, with 84% saying video increased traffic to their website.
According to a Spiel survey, 72% of respondents noticed a growth in organic rankings and traffic since incorporating video content into their SEO strategy.
It’s a medium ideally suited to...
- How to videos
From off-topic backlinks to cookie-cutter anchor text, there are more than a few clues hidden in your backlink profile that something spammy is going on.— Moz (@Moz) March 1, 2019
7 Red Flags to Watch Out For when Auditing Your Link Profile #WhiteboardFridayhttps://t.co/eV7oSs3Vdj via @Kammie_Jenkins
A Moz tweet, linking to a Moz blog post, linking to a Moz video posted on YouTube.
- Customer testimonials and case studies
- Live-streaming events
- Customer support help videos - calls reduced by 41% - guys, get filming!
- Corporate training
- Explainer videos - serious results for these - 94% of businesses using them said they helped users better understand their business
- Interviews, product demos, and sharing viral content
Video content is easy to share across multiple channels. Consumers love these bite-sized videos if they’re entertaining and engaging. Win over your audience and potentially, they bring a huge return on investment.
Tagged with relevant keywords, a YouTube video - the 2nd largest search engine after Google - can increase your search engine ranking, click-through and open rate conversions.
The global video analytics market was valued at $2.77 billion in 2017. Estimated to increase to a staggering $8.55 billion by 2023.
The analytics work on two levels - motion detection and pattern recognition.
- Motion - examines each pixel, detecting every movement
- Pattern - identify and monitor objects, recognizing objects that have moved, gone, or are new
Video analysis tools allow businesses to monitor in real-time, and find inconsistencies in videos. The technology is used in many sectors, including…
- Identify 100% of visual mentions - your logo in videos - boy, oh boy!
- Competitive intelligence - compare the effectiveness of your video campaigns
- Find strategic business insights and drive conversions, increase engagement
- Helps determine and spend video marketing budget effectively
- Pull out audience insights - demographics, interests social activity
- Exploit visual user-generated content (UGC), both positive and negative
- Prove the ROI of sponsorships - sports events, concerts, conferences, etc.
- Protect your brand’s reputation - find fake brands, logo abuse, counterfeit merchandise
- Find and monitor influencers - unplanned influencer-generated content (IGC) is a big win
Security & banking
- License plate recognition
- Object identification
- Facial recognition
- Object detection
- Perimeter intrusion detection
- Count footfall with heatmaps
- Entrance path analytics
- Traffic cycles across day, week, year
- Visit duration/frequency
- Unique/passing traffic
- Display effectiveness
Video analytics pulls data from videos. This data is then used to trigger actions - contact security, start recording/counting, send trademark abuse alert, capitalize on user-generated content, etc.
To build, optimize, and exploit video marketing campaigns, you’ll need powerful analytics tools. Google Analytics is great, but you’re going to need more. My list of tools and awesome video content marketing strategy template will make it pain free. Go for it. Download now!
For full visual analysis, you’ll need tools that cover everything from reach and engagement, to competitive intelligence and brand protection. With the increasing popularity of video marketing, there’s also been an increase in video analytics tools.
Okay, I’ll shut up - FINALLY!, I hear you shout - and give you what you came for. The ultimate list of visual analytics tools...
"Today's brand captures. Tomorrow's business insights."
Allow me to set the scene… It’s the Early Stone Age. History has just been made. Homo erectus learned how to control fire!
Why on earth - you ask - am I talking about controlling fire? Well…
Fire played a fundamental role in our evolution. Last week, we launched revolutionary video recognition technology! It’s a first for social listening.
It will play a fundamental role in digital marketing. Finally, we have 100% control over brand mentions in text, images, AND videos.
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Not a phrase I often use, but it seems to fit.
Is your logo missing in action?
Talkwalker’s AI-powered video recognition technology lets you capture the value of your brand in action. Framing your brand for success.
Meet the woman who went viral for her ball skills.
Meet the brand that went viral...
Use this unique technology along with our image recognition and you’ll find up to 3x the number of brand mentions. You heard me… 3 times!
Working together with our image recognition technology, it has access to our 30,000+ database of logos, objects, and scenes.
Improve campaign engagement by 50%
Profit from user-generated content and boost brand awareness. UGC can improve campaign engagement by 50%, increase email click-through by 73%, and conversions by 10%. Don’t waste free advertising.
The best ice cream on earth. pic.twitter.com/05Dz5DnU3u— Jonathan (@jpboogie2381) March 9, 2019
No brand mention.
Neither Ben nor Jerry will see this great UGC.
YAY! Ben & Jerry used video recognition. Well done, boys!
I’m talking about protecting your brand reputation. Your logo.
Cute trademark infringement, identified by video recognition.
With video recognition, you will find all the videos that include your logo. Even without a mention in the content! Think how crazy that is, and how useful. Find counterfeit products and logo abuse.
Protect the reputation of your brand logo with video recognition.
Be alerted to negative incidents that could indirectly damage your brand reputation.
Give yourself a break. Use video recognition.
Prove the value of sponsorships
Until… well, last week… there was a distinct lack of video analytics tools that could track and measure the ROI generated from sponsorships. In 2017, 40% of sponsorship professionals said that evaluating sponsors was one of their top two challenges.
We’re talking about sponsorship spending that amounts to a whopping $50 billion plus per year!!!
That’s crazy, guys. If you can’t prove ROI, you could be throwing good money after bad.
Your brand is sponsoring a hugely important soccer game. It’s down to the last couple of minutes and it looks like there’s going to be a stupendous, deciding goal. En masse, the crowd raises their smartphones.
Caught on video. Shared on social media. Found by video recognition.
You shoot. You score. ROI proved.
"With Talkwalker's new video recognition capabilities, brands are able to open a new door of mention possibilities. Not only can they see what is said about them, they can also see where there brand is present and acknowledged within context. Perfect for PR and customer service opportunities, this new service will see brands fully embracing their logo and its importance in online conversations."
Christina Garnett | Marketing Media Maven
You can check out our tool in action, in Dan's cracking report - Video analytics - what 5 of the biggest global brands missed without it. Give it a read!
“Never lose sight of your views.”
Advanced video analytics tool - Vimeo.
Vimeo provides video analytics, hosting, live streaming, distribution and marketing, and priority support. Depending on which payment plan you choose, you can track your video’s performance on social media and wherever it’s embedded - from one dashboard.
Video analytics on offer, include…
- Stats dashboard
- Social stats
- Custom reports
- Engagement & duration graphs
- Google Analytics integration
- Live & post-event stats
- Unlimited bandwidth for uploads and live events
For each day, you can find comments, likes, shares, reposts, total plays, and total loads. Real-time data means you can find and jump on trends, as they’re happening. Perfect for targeting, you can learn how consumers are finding your videos, what devices they’re using, and where they’re located.
Vimeo blog offers the what, why, and how of video creation and marketing.
If you’re looking to implement high-quality videos, Vimeo is a must-have.
Bonus… integrate with Google Analytics for combined video and website analytics stats.
“Turn viewers into customers.”
Ooh, yes please.
A video analytics tool that’ll enable you to transform your communication and drive more revenue through video marketing. So much more than just hosting, Vidyard’s interactive and personalized video experience will help you connect with more viewers.
Vidyard hosts your videos and analyzes their effectiveness.
The analytics go deep. You’ll identify audience insights that can be turned into actions.
- See who’s watching
- Real-time video data - ROI insights
- Deep analytics - shares, rewatches, CTA clicks
- Customer location
- Which devices and browsers
Vidyard provides solutions across the board, for marketing, sales, customer support, HR, and secure communications. Your videos will automatically be SEO ready. When you upload a video, a transcript is created, along with an XML sitemap. Your video will then be distributed to YouTube, Facebook, and more.
Vidyard’s Video Inspiration Hub. Watch. Record. Share.
A nice touch is the Inspiration Hub. A collection of the platform’s favorite content shared by its customers. Put your brand in the spotlight!
“Trust. Deliver. Perform.”
One of the most powerful video analytics tools - media planning, content ideation,
market intelligence, audience insights.
Vidooly provides actionable analytics. It pulls out online video intelligence that includes audience behavior and interests. Deep-Eye technology identifies trends, so you can better target your content and ensure it resonates. This video analytics tool is a solution that helps video publishers, advertisers, media companies and agencies.
What does it look at?
- 15M+ content creators tracked
- 500M+ audiences tracked
- 2B+ videos measured
Check out the Leaderboard. Choose country, platform - Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitch, Mixer. Vidooly will reveal the top ten brands or content creators, with the most views.
Benchmark the growth of online video publishers across social platforms.
AI-powered insights include…
- What videos your audience are watching
- Which audiences are most likely to engage
- Content insights to increase your audience and maximize engagement
- Identify your audience’s digital journey, viewing behavior, devices, demographics
“Daily video and profile tracking.”
Video creator, marketer, music label, brand , or fan - track, compare, analyze videos.
Use this social video analytics tool to track, compare, and analyze any video or profile on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram. ViralStat will help your brand...
- Track metrics that include likes, dislikes, comments
- Analyze profiles’ videos and posts - sort and filter by engagement, publishing time, keywords, etc.
- Use Smart Folders to list your competitors, influencers, industry peers - benchmark against their performances
- Create campaigns and invite clients to view, comment, share
- Track daily to video and profile charts by engagement, country, category, social media platform
- Receive notifications of daily statistics and whenever your video appears on YouTube Trends
- Find trending videos and video creators
The Leaderboard checks daily top video and profile charts. Sorted by views, likes, dislikes, comments, engagement, shares. You can choose a time-frame, which country to track, and which social media channel - YouTube, Facebook, Instagram.
Use ViralStat to identify trending videos and creators.
Monitor your analytics and watch trending videos from the same dashboard. Identify what content is going viral in real-time and jump on board. Or your influencers publishing content, to drive traffic to your website.
There are three reasonable price plans, but if you budget is tight, there’s a free plan with limited features.
“Better analytics. Better insights. Better conversions.”
Video analytics tools - Vidalytics dashboard gives you all the data you need.
A video platform for marketers. Vidalytics hosts, streams, and plays your videos. Analytics are found with Video Conversion Tracking.
It’s unique Video Conversion Technology brings...
- Mobile autoplay - increase conversions by possible 61%
- Autoplay on latest browsers - bypasses autoplay blocking
- Customizable overlay messages - flashing overlay to help drive clicks, plays, conversions
- Exit thumbnails - stop bounces
- In video CTAs - customized call to action button in videos to drive sales
- CRM & email tagging - tag viewers to automate follow up marketing
- Disable pausing - drive more engagement and sales
- Resume play for returning videos - viewers can pick up where they left off
- Zapier integration - connect to apps and tools to automate your marketing
Vidalytics - heatmaps of skips and rewinds.
Detailed analytics will…
- Show you at which point viewers are buying in your videos
- Identify where they’re skipping and rewinding
- Segment all metrics by traffic source, country, device, times viewed, buyers, non buyers, etc.
- Compare two different videos’ metrics
- Use heatmaps to reveal which parts of your videos are engaging, boring, confusing
Compare videos side by side for split testing videos.
“Using analytics to improve ROI.”
Lead generation, SEO tools, in-depth actionable analytics, viewer tracking, brandable players.
Advanced video analytics into online performance of all your videos. You’ll find where video views came from, how your audience interacted, stats for each video. Cincopa analytics will reveal…
- Who’s viewed your video
- Which country they viewed from
- Which domain
- Stats sorted by video file, web page, location
- Heatmaps for online performance
- User tagging
Other features include...
- Dashboard shows you stats for all embedded videos in a specific time period
- Impressions graph shows the number of times when a web page with an embedded video was loaded, with recording make every time a user clicks the play button
- Watch time graph shows total video viewing time in hours - stats per video, page, site, country
- Video heatmaps reveal how your audience interacts with your video - number of views and engagement rate changing as viewers watch
- The User screen highlights a specific user and identifies location, viewing time, average engagement, first and last view dates, platform, IP address
Cincopa User screen reveals all information regarding a specific user.
“The story behind each view.”
Viewer-based tracking, heatmaps, engagement graphs, viewer historical data.
Who’s been watching your videos? How much of your videos do people watch before bouncing away? Which videos are bringing the most value? Answer all these questions, and more, with Wistia.
- Viewer-based tracking - identify and track viewers - send data to analytics platform and CRM to win leads, measure conversion, track playback for groups of users
- Video heatmaps - which parts of your video viewers watch, rewatch, skip past
- Engagement graphs - audience’s viewing behavior - rewatches, drop-offs, interactions
- Google Analytics integration - automatically publish video events to your GA account
- Viewer history tracking - identify the most engaged members of our audience
- IP filtering - filter out specific IP addresses so your analytics aren’t corrupted by internal views and testing
Video analytics tools - A/B testing with Wistia.
Wistia has an A/B testing feature. Pull out and compare two videos from your account. Test customizations - thumbnails, CTAs, annotation links, video length.
You’ll find stats that include unique views, play rate, play count, engagement, and actions.
Twitter’s Timing is Everything
Last but by no means least, we hear from Twitter.
Released this year, Timing is Everything, provides you with more actionable data to help improve your performance on Twitter.
Timing is Everything shows you when your audience is watching and engaging with video.
Timing is Everything gives you historical data showing when audiences are on Twitter watching and engaging with video. This data highlights the best time(s) to tweet video content with an aim to maximizing engagement, conversation, and viewership.
It’s not about followers watching your videos. It’s when people are watching any video on Twitter.
It’s easy to set up - go to the Analytics drop down menu in Media Studio and select Insights. Check out the graph to understand when your audience is online. Then you can experiment with tweets or scheduled tweets during the times of day that have the highest engagement.
That’s it. I’m done.
9 awesome video analytics tools. Each tool is different, although some features do overlap. You’ll find a couple offering heatmaps, for instance.
Talkwalker’s video recognition tool is the only unique one. You won’t find its capabilities anywhere else. You can’t afford to ignore it. Seriously, don’t you dare!
Tools sorted. Now you’re ready to start video marketing. To create strategic and effective video content, download your free video content marketing strategy template. It’ll help you…
- Establish your goals
- Plan targeted content for each stage of the sales funnel
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Schedule your video marketing content
Show consumers what they want to SEE… Stimulate. Educate. Entertain.