Politique de confidentialité
Who we are?
- The Talkwalker Platform and this website are managed by Talkwalker S.à.r.l., société à responsabilité limitée, with its registered office at 33, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg, registered with RCS Luxembourg under number B205483.
- All capitalised terms shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Terms of Service, unless otherwise stated.
How and what data we collect and process?
- When you start using the Services or visit our website, Talkwalker may collect some basic identifiers such as first name, last name, telephone number, e-mail address, company name, or IP-address. When you acquire the Services, additional information, such as billing information, business address, and other data necessary for the Services (e.g. usage and browser data, the web browser or operating system utilized, user name, and passwords) may be additionally requested from you, however, we always aim to minimize the data collected to the extent practicable.
- Talkwalker may also collect data from a variety of other sources, including those that are publicly available or from third-party data providers, if and to the extent that the data protection requirements are met, as well as from online and paper forms, calls, meetings, and other means of communication.
- In some cases, if you object to data processing or decline to provide information marked as obligatory, we may not be able to provide you with all or certain Services.
- In order to fulfil some of the above-mentioned purposes, we may gather and aggregate information from our different databases (e.g. in case of requested support). We do not offer or sell your personal data to third parties or use them for automated decision making.
Purposes of processing activities
- Depending on the services used, Talkwalker may process the data for the following purposes: providing the Services, including technical support; this website; identification and authentication; billing; product and operational improvements, monitoring of the quality of the Services; introducing new features; market research and business development; as well as marketing and advertising, subject to conditions set out below.
- We base our processing activities either on our legitimate interest to provide services that are technically functional and user-friendly, or as a part of the contract for the provision of Talkwalker Services. In certain cases, we may process your data to comply with legal or contractual obligations.
- Personal data may also be collected while connecting to Third-Party Platforms, such as online social networks, through the Services or via URL links towards third party websites. Talkwalker is not responsible for the manner in which third parties handle their processing activities. We encourage you to refer to the applicable privacy provisions of such Third-Party Platforms for more information.
Communication received from Talkwalker
Right of objection
- At any time, you may opt out of being contacted by Talkwalker either by using the opt-out link provided in any newsletter or by contacting Talkwalker at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Your data will be removed from our database without undue delay, in accordance with our internal procedures.
- When you submit your job application, it will be handled by our Headquarters in Luxembourg and may be transferred to the responsible managers only for the purpose of handling your application.
- We will require you to provide us with data and information about you on a strictly need-to-know basis, including your contact data, information about your career, and personal skills. Due to local legal requirements, we may ask you for additional personal data or information.
- Unless earlier requested by you, we will delete your personal data as soon as it’s no longer necessary for the collected purpose, except as required by law. In such an event, the data will be blocked to prohibit any other use.
Data storage and data transfer
- Talkwalker Services are hosted and provided from within the European Economic Area. In case we need to transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that such transfer takes place with adequate safeguards in place.
- Talkwalker has implemented state of the art technical and organisational security measures in order to protect processed personal data. The details can be found here [link to the data processor agreement/privacy addendum].
- Cookies may be deleted at any time by using designated functions of the used browser.
We respect your privacy
- Subject to applicable data protection laws or regulations, you may be entitled to the following rights: the right to request access to your data; the right to request that your data is updated or rectified; the right to request that we refrain from further use of your personal data; and the right to request that your personal data is deleted.
- All requests will be handled in a timely matter but we may ask for additional information in order to confirm your identity.
- We may not always be able to immediately remove all of your personal data, for example, if there is a legal requirement to keep such data (e.g. for compliance or legal retention purposes).
Data Protection Officer
- If you want to know more about how your data are processed, or to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact our Data Protection Officer and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the address above.
- Talkwalker Services are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. You have the right to file a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority, which in our case it is the Commission nationale pour la protection des données (CNPD), and may be reached at https://www.cnpd.lu/. If you are resident of the European Economic Area, in case of a breach, you can also file a complaint with the local supervisory authority on data privacy in the country where you reside.
- Talkwalker understands and will comply with restrictions relating to Talkwalker’s processing activities, when acting as a service provider, and shall not sell, retain, or disclose any personal data for a commercial purpose outside of the provided Services and shall adhere to the purposes and means of processing defined by the users of Talkwalker Services.
- Talkwalker ensures appropriate and reasonable measures to process data in accordance with the purposes for which they were collected, including appropriate measures against risks represented by such processing and its nature, including technical and organizational actions to protect data against accidental destruction or loss and against unlawful processing, and to retain personal data no longer than necessary for any legal or business purpose.
- Talkwalker does not knowingly collect or process data of children within the meaning of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
This Privacy was last updated in January 2020.